On this week’s #HFGather, host Sarah Aronson talked with Susan Campbell Bartoletti and surprise guest editor Jill Davis! Susan and Jill talked about creating their new book, How Women Won the Vote: Alice Paul, Lucy Burns, and Their Big Idea. Many nonfiction gems were gleaned from their chat:
- Story is the boss: you have to follow what serves your story best
- Sometimes the tiniest details are the ones that bring the story to life
- The importance of journaling and storyboarding
- Kids are interested in the secret lives of adults
- Are there topics that are “too tough” for children’s books?
- From Jill: the most important job of an editor is collaboration
- Deciding if your story idea is yours to tell
If you missed the live webinar, watch it here:
If you can’t see the video on this page, follow this link to our Youtube channel.