Our first Illustrator Gather was fabulous! Host Shadra Strickland and made us laugh and talked about:
- Their illustration practice, process, craft books and tools
- How important it is to find 15 minutes a day to write or draw right now–to keep things percolating
- Not getting “too precious” with early drafts–just get it out of your head
- How important it is, if you draw for children, to be in touch with the part of you that never grew up
- Feeding your creativity with corkboard on your walls
- Using playlists to make your brain go to the right place, that fits what you’re working on
- Practicing your style, the natural way that YOU draw
Shadra also read a poem to use as an illustration prompt. If you do it, be sure and share it with us @HighlightsFound on Twitter and Instragram, and use #HFGather!
If you missed the live webinar, watch it here:
If you can’t see the video on this page, follow this link to our Youtube channel.