On today’s #HFGather Illustrator Chat, host Pat Cummings talked with Dan Santat and Mike Curato about creating graphic novels. It was SO illuminating–and we had a surprise drop-in visitor during the Q&A (Aaron Becker)!
- The process: pacing, page turns, color blocking, outlining and more
- Learning from other artists
- Using traditional vs. digital media
- Doing your best work when you’re personally inspired
- Growing up on comics
- Scripting a graphic novel
- Holding onto your style over the course of the novel
- What to avoid
- Some book recommendations for learning about making graphic novels
If you missed the live webinar, watch it here:
If you can’t see the video on this page, follow this link to our Youtube channel.