#HFGather: Working Writers Chat with Sarah Aronson and Chris Tebbetts
On today’s #HFGather, Sarah Aronson and Chris Tebbetts dug deep into process, sharing the tools they use as they write and revise. Some bullet points:
- From Sarah: “Story begets story, and writing begets writing.
- Techniques for getting into the “flow” state.
- A critique is not a “to do” list. Use it as a prompt to ask yourself WHY the critique gave you specific feedback.
- From Chris: “You need 3 things: talent, luck and persistence–and persistence is the only one you can influence.”
- Making a calendar for your draft can be a useful tool for making sure your time frame is right.
- Play conquers fear.
Sarah gave a writing prompt: rewrite your first chapter from memory, and see what comes up. Thanks to her for naming her 3 C’s: creativity, curiosity and community.
If you missed the live webinar, watch it here:
If you can’t see the video on this page, follow this link to our Youtube channel.
Posted on: April 15, 2020
Tags: #HFGather, aronson, tebbetts, video, writing practice, writing prompt