In-person 4-Day/3-Night, In-Community Retreat
This in-community retreat is designed to bring to LGBTQIA+ creatives together. It is an informally structured retreat where the focus is on your own projects with room to celebrate and cultivate the joys of this community! Hosts Jas Hammonds and Rob Costello will lead informal evening activities. Special guest Antonio Gonzalez Cerna from Levine Querido will offer a Q & A.
- This is an in-person retreat for LGBTQIA+ creatives (including those identifying as queer and/or questioning) who currently (or wish to) write and/or illustrate for kids and teens.
- During the retreat, you will guide your time to work on your own stories and connect with fellow creatives.
- Lodging and meals are included.
- Begins at 5:30pm Eastern on Thursday, November 2, 2023
- Ends with lunch on Sunday, November 5, 2023
Why This Retreat?
This in-community retreat is designed to bring to LGBTQIA+ creatives together. It is an informally structured retreat where the focus is on your own projects with room to celebrate and cultivate the joys of this community!
We encourage you to bring multiple projects with you at all stages of their process so that you can decide what you’d like to work on while you are at the retreat. There will be evening discussions about creative work for children, the publishing industry, and ways to support one another in our community.
Your retreat will be well appointed with space to create. Every accommodation option includes a personal workspace. You’ll find various spaces around the grounds to get work done or take in the natural settings for some inspiration.
No formal workshops, lectures, or presentations will take place. If you are interested in a craft-focused program, please review other upcoming workshops.
It’s a Great Fit If…
- You are a creative at any experience level or stage in the creative process.
- You’d like a retreat where you can get to work. You structure your retreat. You’ll have time to focus on your stories in the community of fellow creatives.
- You’d like to build support and amplify voices. LGBTQIA+ creatives (including those identifying as queer and/or questioning) will be joyfully welcomed!
Testimonials from Our Community
“Thank you for the thoughtfulness from the days leading up to the retreat, to being welcomed, and making sure we were all having a positive experience. I am recommending this to all of my writer friends!”
“Loved the balance and respect that we had for each other’s working time. When we were together, we socialized, but when we were heads-down, there was no unnecessary distractions.”