Summer Camp Intensive in Illustration 2020: Meet the Mentors
Here at the Highlights Foundation, we envision Summer Camp a bit differently than s’mores by the campfire and hiking in the woods (although those adventures are always on our schedule, too). To us, Summer Camp is a time to find the kind of encouragement for your writing or illustration that only a generous mentor can provide.
At our Summer Camp Intensive in Illustration (July 19-22), you’ll create:
- Learn new illustration techniques.
- Find and advance ideas through play, doodling, book dummies, character development, and more.
- Hands-on activities will challenge you to sharpen your illustration skills.
- Learn about dummy preparation, storyboarding, and continuity.
You’ll be mentored:
- Practice new techniques with support and guidance from faculty.
- Receive personal attention through one-to-one critiques from your mentors.
- Participate in group critiques and portfolio reviews with peers and publishing professionals.
- Get feedback from special industry guests at our portfolio showcase.
You’ll learn about publishing:
- Faculty demonstrations and lectures to demystify the publishing process.
- Study art directors’ portfolio expectations.
- Explore how to find a market for your work.
- Making a living as an illustrator.
- Discover ways to promote yourself and your art.
Meet Your Mentors
Meet Your Special Guests
Editor Kiara Valdez
Summer Camp Intensive in Illustration
Posted on: March 15, 2020
Tags: 2020 workshops, summer camp, Summer camp illustration