Picture Book Illustration: From Conception to Birth 2014 | November 7 – November 9, 2014
Take your picture-book illustration to the next level! This workshop offers art tips and clear direction to help you execute your work in new ways.
Prior to attending the workshop, you will
- select a picture-book manuscript from those provided;
- determine a trim size, do sketches for a spread, and, if you choose, a cover;
- e-mail the sketches to Tim Gillner, one of the Boyds Mills Press art directors;
- receive a critique and, if necessary,instructions for revision; and
- submit a piece of final art.
At the workshop, we will review each assignment and discuss the process and results. The workshop will focus on
- overall layout and design;
- drawing techniques;
- dummy preparation, book production, and printing;
- color for printing;
- portfolios; and
- Q & A.
This is a hands-on workshop packed with practical advice. You’ll discover new solutions to illustration challenges and learn how to handle them.
Faculty & Special Guests