30 + 10: Free Craft Webinars with Optional Paid Critiques
January 2 - June 2, 2020
We’re excited to announce a new series of online sessions that we’re calling “Find the Good: 30 + 10 of Craft & Critique.”
One of our faculty will lead a free 30-minute craft webinar, open to everyone.
Following the free webinar, we will make available at least 10 opportunities to receive a written critique from the webinar leader. The critiques will cost $75 and will be on a first come, first served basis. During the webinar we’ll share details to help you make sure it’s the right fit for your work and how to sign up.
What to Expect From Your Critique
Our faculty will generously give notes on your project, including an overview on what’s working and questions they have on structure, content, or composition. In addition, feedback within the submission will be given through manuscript notes as necessary.
After you register for a critique session, you will receive a letter asking you to upload your work and the faculty member will provide you with written feedback within 4-6 weeks. Please understand that challenges may mitigate this timeline, and we will be in direct contact with them and provide you with updates if there are any changes to the turnaround time.
We don’t have any 30+10 webinars scheduled currently, but you can watch the previous ones below, and/or book a critique.
Open critique slots:
These are the 30+10 open critique slots, $75
- With AC Gaughen, 10-12 pages (3000 words maximum) of a middle grade or young adult novel: Book your critique
- With Jake Bazel, a full picture book manuscript: Book your critique
- With Jenna Gavigan, MG or YA novels: up to 2500 words, ideally from the start of the novel: Book your critique
Watch previous sessions:
- The Courage to Create, with Jennifer Jacobson, 3/31/20. Watch it here.
- Playing with Point of View, with Sarah Aronson, 4/7/20. Watch it here.
- How to Begin Your Novel, with Linda Camacho, 4/9/20. Watch it here.
- So You Want to Write a Picture Book, with Rajani LaRocca, 4/15/20. Watch it here.
- STEAMing into Nonfiction, with Jennifer Swanson, 4/17/20. Watch it here.
- Poetry to Soothe the Soul, with Lesléa Newman, 4/21/20. Watch it here.
- Visual Outlining, with Chris Tebbetts, 4/23/20. Watch it here.
- Find the Heart, with Sudipta Bardhan-Quallen, 4/28/20. Watch it here.
- Nonfiction in a 30-Minute Nutshell, with Susan Campbell Bartoletti, 4/30/20. Watch it here.
- Building Your Revision Toolbox, with AC Gaughen, 5/8/20. Watch it here.
- Jumpstart Your Plot with a Story Spine , with Adam Lehrhaupt, 5/12/20. Watch it here.
- A Conversation About Voice, with Jake Bazel and Jenna Gavigan, 5/14/20. Watch it here.