Master Class with Patricia Lee Gauch: Feelings 2020
September 21 - 24, 2020
Join Us To:
Capture “feelings” in novels to grow the inner story and achieve the most powerful, emotionally driven climax.
What You’ll Learn:
With Patricia Lee Gauch at your side, this master class speaks to novelists about one of the most important aspects of writing a novel: capturing and evoking feelings. Together, we’ll workshop the great variety of ways the best novelists emotionally expand their characters’ inner and outer worlds, creating truly original stories.
- Refine your own abilities to capture “feelings.”
- Add emotional power to your characters and your story.
- Study renowned children’s novelists: Kate DiCamillo, Jason Reynolds, Jerry Spinelli, Jandy Nelson, Garry Schmidt, and more.
- Meet one-to-one with Patricia Lee Gauch.
- Workshop fresh ideas and breakthroughs.
- Have time to retreat, write, and revise.
Please note: this workshop has an application process. Applications will be accepted through April 30, 2020, and you will be notified by April 15, 2020. Click here to apply.
This workshop begins with an introduction at 4pm on September 21, 2020. Please be in touch if travel will prevent you from attending the introduction.
- You are a writer of middle grade and/or young adult novels.
- You have an idea, nearly-finished, or finished work-in-progress. You’ll benefit from close mentoring and generous free writing time no matter where you are in your novel, and gain a crucial understanding of what makes novels work.
- You are looking for a good amount of feedback on your writing.
“Patti truly is incomparable. I’ve been working on honing my writing for 20+ years. I’ve had the good fortune of working with [many editors.] Nobody comes close to Patti.”
“Patti Gauch is that rare combination of someone who can inspire deeply while instructing rigorously. She gave us the tools we needed to create transcendent moments, opportunities to do so, and insightful feedback that was honest and helpful. She challenged us as writers while protecting our spirits and gifts.”
All-Inclusive Event Cost: $1,499.00
All-inclusive registration includes workshop tuition, lodging, meals, beverages, and snacks. Free shuttle service is available from Scranton/Wilkes-Barre (AVP) International Airport. Airport pick-up at Newark Airport is also available for $75 round-trip.
We offer payment plans as low as $75/month. We'll be in touch with details after you register.
Do you want help finding a workshop or resources that will fit your needs?
Talk to one of our ambassadors.
Begins with introductions at 4pm on Monday, September 21 and ends with lunch on Thursday, September 24.