Children’s Publishing Industry Professionals Retreat 2020
May 3 - 6, 2020
Join Us To:
Editors! Agents! Art Directors! Librarians! Reviewers! Booksellers! Professors! You know who you are! If you are a working professional in the children’s publishing industry, this retreat is for you. Join us for a loosely structured retreat where we will all share two traits:
- We work in the field of children’s publishing.
- We want to work on our own art and/or writing for children.
Spend three uninterrupted days on your own projects, then gather over meals with new friends from the publishing industry. Opportunities for peer critiques, writing exercises, and free-style art-play, too!
What You’ll Learn:
At this retreat you can expect to:
- Work on self-directed projects.
- Gather for delicious farm-to-table meals.
- Find community within the children’s book field.
- Enjoy informal chats at the fireplace, in the Art Coop, and on the trails.
- You work in the children’s book industry. This retreat is a place to connect in community.
- You identify as a writer or illustrator for children. This retreat is open to ALL kidlit professionals who also create for children.
- Self-guided scheduling for your own projects
- Exploring the beautiful woods around our shared meeting space
- Sharing meals and unlimited snacks
- Gather at informal evening activities
All-Inclusive Event Cost: $447.00
All-inclusive registration includes workshop tuition, lodging, meals, beverages, and snacks. Free shuttle service is available from Scranton/Wilkes-Barre (AVP) International Airport. Airport pick-up at Newark Airport is also available for $75 round-trip.
We offer payment plans as low as $75/month. We'll be in touch with details after you register.
Do you want help finding a workshop or resources that will fit your needs?
Talk to one of our ambassadors.
Begins with dinner on Sunday, May 3 and ends with lunch on Wednesday, May 6.