Summer Camp In Writing Fiction for Children & Teens 2020
July 10 - 15, 2020
Join Us To:
Get daily feedback from your faculty mentor on manuscripts, ideas, and revisions. Hear daily faculty keynotes for learning and encouragement. Receive guidance on the submission process, including query-writing basics and overviews of the current children’s book market. Attend hands-on breakout sessions on topics of your choosing. Devote time to working on your craft.
What You’ll Learn:
We envision summer camp a bit differently than just s’mores by the campfire and hiking in the woods (although those adventures are always on our schedule, too). To us, summer camp is a time to find the kind of encouragement for your writing that only a generous mentor can provide. Our camp offers someone to guide you through the long process of publication and a place to work one-to-one on fine-tuning your words and mastering your pitches. You will:
- Hear morning inspirational and educational keynotes by our celebrated faculty.
- Learn the basics of writing query letters and submitting manuscripts.
- Get an overview of the children’s book market.
- Work one-to-one with your faculty mentor.
- Do hands-on exercises to help you grow as a writer.
- Participate in daily break-out sessions in creating rich characters, developing voice, constructing settings, and structuring plot.
All-Inclusive Event Cost: $1,799.00
All-inclusive registration includes workshop tuition, lodging, meals, beverages, and snacks. Free shuttle service is available from Scranton/Wilkes-Barre (AVP) International Airport. Airport pick-up at Newark Airport is also available for $75 round-trip.
We offer payment plans as low as $75/month. We'll be in touch with details after you register.
Do you want help finding a workshop or resources that will fit your needs?
Talk to one of our ambassadors.
Begins with dinner on Friday, July 10 with dinner; ends on Wednesday, July 15 with lunch.