Perfecting Your Dummy: How to Amp Up Your Text, Illustration Style, Technique & Page Design for Successful Submissions 2019
October 31 - November 3, 2019
Create and prepare your picture book dummy for submission to agents & publishers.
Whether you are working on your first picture book or reinventing yourself to renew your enthusiasm, this workshop will help bring out your unique personal expression to craft an exciting, lively dummy.
Floyd Cooper and Melanie Hall will guide you in preparing a picture book dummy and using media to create final art:
- Decide what media you will use
- Find the style of working that expresses your authentic self
- Watch demos in painting, pen and ink, collage, and printmaking to reveal a new world of artistic possibilities
- Enrich your current style by opening up your vision to different approaches and techniques
- Experience creative breakthroughs as you experiment with different media and discover new ways to express yourself
Their goal for the workshop: help you create a beautifully designed dummy, finish one piece of final art, and experience creative breakthroughs.
All-Inclusive Event Cost: $899.00
All-inclusive means we provide transportation to and from the airport, lodging and all meals.
Begins on Thursday, October 31 with dinner, and ends on Sunday, November 3, with lunch.