Faculty Spotlight: Crash Course
In our workshop for “serious beginners,” Everything You Need to Know About Children’s Book Publishing: A Crash Course, we promise to answer ALL your questions. We’d like to introduce you to our faculty–the ones with the answers:
Meet Core Faculty Harold Underdown:
- An independent children’s book editor who works with authors and publishers.
- Previously worked at Macmillan, Orchard, and Charlesbridge, and has experience in trade and educational publishing.
- The author of The Complete Idiot’s Guide to Children’s Book Publishing.
- Founded and runs The Purple Crayon, a respected website with information about the children’s publishing world.
- Speaks and gives workshops at national and regional writing conferences.
- Has been with the Crash Course since the beginning!
Writing & revising tips from Harold:
Meet Core Faculty Leah Henderson:
- School Library Journal called her debut novel, One Shadow on the Wall,”a satisfying story that will captivate dedicated readers.”
- She received her MFA at Spalding University.
- Loves to travel and has been to over 40 countries!
More about Leah:
Meet the Special Guests:
About Lindsay Barrett George:
- Has written and illustrated around 20 picture books.
- Formerly worked as a designer at a children’s book publisher.
- Her book Inside Mouse, Outside Mouse was chosen for the Pennsylvania One Book: Every Young Child program.
About Bobbie Combs:
- Is a children’s book marketing consultant for authors, publishers and organizations.
- Formerly managed children’s bookstores and was the children’s sales/marketing director for a book distributor.
About David Richardson:
- Is the book buyer and accounts manager for The Blue Marble Children’s Bookstore.
- Teaches children’s literature at a Cincinnati college.
About Hannah Bersee:
- Is the editorial assistant for Highlights and High Five magazines.
- Her favorite part of working at Highlights is answering letters from readers each week.
With these mentors on your side, it’s bound to be a productive weekend!
Posted on: February 1, 2018