Webinar: Building Your Revision Toolbox, with AC Gaughen
AC Gaughen’s webinar, part of our 30 + 10 Free Craft Webinars with Optional Paid Critiques series, energized us about the revision process. We loved her honesty about her own revision process, and she was able to extend that process in the webinar and in the Q&A. Some takeaways:
- Writing one book has not taught her how to write the next
- She crafts a new revision plan with each book, trying to be responsive and find out what she needs to learn to serve that story
- Her 5 steps to revision: Assess, Plan, Gather, Prioritize and Attack!
- If you put the time in and use your toolbox, the revision WILL get done
- 3 things characters need: motivation, perspective and agency
- One thing she likes about revision: when it’s done, you have REALLY accomplished something
If you missed the live webinar, watch it here:
If you can’t see the video on this page, follow this link to our Youtube channel.
Posted on: May 8, 2020
Tags: 30+10, Gaughen, revision, video