Visual Outlining Webinar with Chris Tebbetts
Thank you for this thorough webinar! I look forward to trying the methods!
Thank you, one of the best workshops I’ve ever attended!
Great practical ideas to put into practice!
I am so excited to use all these brilliant ideas with my writing!
These are just a few of the comments that followed Chris Tebbetts’ webinar on Visual Outlining, part of our 30 + 10 Free Craft Webinars with Optional Paid Critiques session. He gave us a tour of the tools he uses to keep moving forward with a draft. Some takeaways:
- Chris is a former film major and “visual thinker.” He said that thinking like a filmmaker can help with your story.
- He reviewed some tools he has adapted from others to create the structure for his story.
- Making maps of locations, floor plans of buildings and creating a calendar can help you with plotting.
- He demonstrated online and traditional ways to look at the plot and structure: color-coding, visual spreads, corkboard-and-notecards, storyboarding, grids and tables.
- He mentioned the value of getting your hands off the keyboard to work on your story.
- He talked about discerning the difference between when you WANT to be done; and when you really ARE done.
If you missed the live webinar, watch it here:
If you can’t see the video on this page, follow this link to our Youtube channel.
Posted on: April 24, 2020
Tags: 30+10, plot, tebbetts, video, writing tips