Watch How to Begin Your Novel: A Webinar with Linda Camacho
Agent and writer Linda Camacho shared insights about beginning your novel in our 30 + 10 Free Craft Webinars with Optional Paid Critiques series. She gave us a lot to think about:
- What’s the purpose of the opening?
- Openings to avoid
- When she loves the writing, but has to tell the writer “it’s not a story yet.”
- How to make your opening distinctly yours
- Prologues are tricky!
- How to open a door into your story
- 5 methods to try in your opening: intrigue, character, voice, setting, tension
- Why it’s harder to write a beginning before you’ve drafted the end
If you missed the live webinar, watch it here:
If you can’t see the video on this page, follow this link to our Youtube channel.
Posted on: April 10, 2020
Tags: 30+10, camacho, novels, video, writing tips