#HFGather: A Poetry Chat with Nikki Grimes and Sarah Aronson
Today’s #HFGather was a special National Poetry Month treat! Sarah Aronson had a powerful chat with Nikki Grimes about:
- Using poems to shake things loose
- Feeding your poetry and writing with visual art, which involves seeing in new ways
- Embracing silence in your life and your writing
- Allowing yourself space to breathe, especially right now
- Giving yourself a few days to react when you get edits on a manuscript
- Making emotional connections with your readers
- Challenging yourself with trying different forms of poetry
Do NOT miss Nikki’s reading of her poem “Isolation Station,” from her memoir Ordinary Hazards, near the end of the webinar: goosebumps!
If you missed the live webinar, watch it here:
If you can’t see the video on this page, follow this link to our Youtube channel.
Posted on: April 8, 2020
Tags: #HFGather, aronson, grimes, inspiration, poetry, video, writing prompt