Revision Retreat 2014 | August 13 – August 17 Waitlisted
Please note: this workshop is full. You’re welcome to join our waiting list!
In this working retreat, Harold Underdown and editor Eileen Robinson will teach proven techniques for self-editing and revising and work with writers on their manuscripts. Mornings will be dedicated to revision techniques and afternoons to model critique groups, individual meetings, and writing time.
- try out a variety of techniques for self-editing, from big picture revision down to line-editing;
- explore ways to gain objectivity and more focused responses to manuscripts;
- learn about reader response theory and how to use it to gain insights into a manuscript;
- work together in a model critique group, formed at the retreat from students with similar interests, and led by the faculty, to critique one another’s manuscripts;
- discover creative techniques, such as improvising new scenes or episodes as part of the revision process;
- take part in group discussions and share favorite techniques; and
- meet with an editor for individual consultations.
Faculty & Special Guests