Nonfiction: Crafting Picture Books and Articles 2015 | August 2 – August 6, 2015 WAITLISTED
Please note: this workshop is full. Send us an email to join our waiting list!
Are you a picture book author with a passion for nonfiction or a nonfiction author with a passion for picture books? Are you wondering about that new idea and whether it’s a picture book or an article? Do you want to hone your research skills? Join us for an immersive experience in crafting short nonfiction from those who write it, illustrate it, edit it, and purchase it. Experienced beginners and beyond are welcome.
- Narrative nonfiction: What is it? What isn’t it? Is it the same thing as creative nonfiction? Is historical fiction nonfiction?
- Where and how do the components of nonfiction and the craft of the picture book intersect?
- The sea change in nonfiction, from common core to the bookstore.
- Where do ideas come from?
- How to know if a story should be a picture book, a magazine article, or something else entirely.
- How to conduct primary research.
Two one-on-one critique sessions with a member of the faculty included.
Faculty & Special Guests
"I felt welcome and pampered every moment. The faculty was diverse and amazing. The critiques were so helpful."—Moira Donohue, 2014 attendee, Falls Church, VA
"I liked that the faculty each had different experience and expertise to share."—2014 attendee