Are You Ready to Write a Children’s Picture Book?
Here’s a short quiz from the website of Darcy Pattison, faculty for our workshop PB&J: Picture Books and All That Jazz:
ARE YOU READY TO WRITE A CHILDREN’S PICTURE BOOK?
- How many pages are in a typical children’s picture book?
- Who is the audience of a children’s picture book? Hint: It’s not just kids.
- Are there restrictions on the vocabulary you use in a picture book?
- Do I have to write in rhyme? Do manuscripts written in rhyme sell better?
- Do EPUB books have to the same length as printed books?
If you’re not sure of the answers, you might want to visit Darcy’s website, attend the workshop, or get a copy of her book, How to Write a Children’s Picture Book.
Posted on: May 2, 2014
Tags: 2014 workshops, craft, faculty, picture books, writing tips